Straighter teeth give you a radiant smile and equally improve your oral functions reducing your risk of tooth decay and gum disease.
Orthodontics is a branch of dentistry that specialises in treating patients with improper positioning of teeth. It also includes cosmetic dentistry, when your aim is to improve your appearance.
What does orthodontics commonly treat?
- Closes wide gaps between teeth
- Ensures the tips of the teeth are aligned
- Straightens crooked teeth
- Improves speech
- Improves eating function
- Improves long term health of the gums and teeth
- Prevents excessive wear or trauma
When can orthodontics start?Treatment usually commences from the age of about 12-years-old, when the adult teeth have developed and fully formed. In some cases, treatment may start a few years earlier or later depending on when dental problems have become noticeable.
Good oral hygiene is essential before any work can begin.
What does an assessment for orthodontic treatment usually require?
- A full dental health history
- A clinical examination
- S-rays of the teeth and jaws
- Cast models of the patient’s teeth
At Cura Dental Studios we work closely with specialist to achieve optimal treatment results for our patients.